9/21/07

Let's Have Lunch!

Do you remember what day it is? Yep, it's Friday, and I almost forgot, so I'm sure most of you have. Last week you may remember I started what I titled "What's happening in the picture?" The picture was of a grocery shopper, her child, and their little dog leaving a grocery store.


(Actually the lady in this picture looks like last week's grocery shopper.)

Anyway, I've decided to make this a weekly post, just like my Tuesday's Question, where the participants posts are posted in an entry the next day; it's fun. And when my readers read my post tomorrow, they will also read what you wrote. It's a good way to meet new friends too, because I will also include a link to your blog, just like in the Tuesday Question post.

In other words, instead of writing a review of your site you are basically giving my readers a taste of what you have to offer, because if my readers like what they read here, they'll click on your link!

I'm only trying to motivate you to participate, because if you don't I won't have anyone to play with and that would make me sad.

I will make up a title each week with the picture, then write a small story or post about the picture. Here's today's " Let's Do Lunch"

This middle-aged woman’s mother is trying to cheer her up because she’s complaining about whatever fresh ---- is in her life now, but Mom isn’t buying. Before the food particle takes flight, I think the following was happening:

Daughter: “And then he said, wouldn’t you run if you were married to that gossip? Can you believe he said that? Mom, you’re not listening to me, are you?”

Mom: “Honey have you ever seen the movie My Fair Lady? Now, that man is an illegible bachelor it’s too bad you married so quickly. I told you not to marry the-"

“Mom! That has nothing to do with anything” the daughter shouts. Exasperated, she then decides to eat in silence…

A few moments pass until Mom can't take the silence anymore:

"Oh No! Honey look, a bug's in here! "



I think the picture nicely finishes it. Although, feel free to write what happens after the picture, too if you like. Maybe I ought to title the weekly post something like "Tell Us The Rest Of Story". Hey, I like it!

I'm going to use that title, so Tell us the rest of the story, we can't wait to hear it!


6 comments:

mr fong said...

Oh no, I really really dont know how to answer it, I'm not that articulate.. :(

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

LOL! That's o.k. Winston. Thank you for commenting! Have a nice week-end.

Ann

Marja said...

This is what I see; PLOP "on your nose darling daughter" I saved
this big bug you put in my socks when you were small. Now it is my time to have fun"

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Laughing, that's good Marja! Thanks a million for the comment. Have a nice week-end! :)

Ann

mr fong said...

Haha, my weekend is clogged up with classes :(

I'm so sorry for missing your Tuesday phenomenons, I rushed back on Wed morning but your answers were out :( I'm so sorry!

DiamondsSaphire said...

Hey Ann, I'm gonna think about this one for a while.. I wanted to let you know that... you've been tagged..

Click to subscribe!

Today's Popular Children's Picture Books

Today's Popular Children's Picture Books
Click on the titles below for the link to Publishers Weekly.com

The Boogeyman From Planet-Lackawanna-

You will lose yourself in the imaginative dreams of eleven year old Theodore Wilson's. Don't miss this review coming soon.

More reviews and available for purchase on Amazon .com. Just click on image of book and the link will take you there.

Thank you!

Upcoming Book Review

Upcoming Book Review
Gretchen Zufall (Author) Mike Paar (Illustrator)

Motherhood- Courage


Motherhood is an art impossible to explain, one which requires a vast sea of love, devotion, compassion, and understanding, unmatched by any affection we will ever know again.- Ann Clemmons

Courage-

Courage



Humor-

Humor


Words-

Words are the core of our souls, without written, vocal or lyrical expression we lose sight of one another or worse, ourselves. Words bring forth the essence of the human spirit; so express yourself without abandon.

Ann Clemmons

Favorite Phrase

I remember I used to half believe and wholly play with fairies when I was a child. What heaven can be more real than to retain the spirit-world of childhood, tempered and balanced by knowledge and common-sense...

Beatrix Potter’s Journal, 17 November 1896, from the National Trust collection.

Jacket Flap-

Powered by JacketFlap.com
The Storyteller, by Dawn Drover

Alone in her world
of make believe
weaving her stories
of magic and light

She brings joy
to the eyes
of innocent minds
less jaded and free

For only they know
what's in her heart
holding the secrets
she guards so well

Life's hidden mysteries
belong to those
whose wisdom and truth
shine on in imagination


Written for Ann
~Dawn Drover~

Of The Horoscope Junkie




Let"s talk!

Let"s talk!

Subscribe Today

Subscribe Today
Feed Powered by Feedburner

Catch your dreams

Catch your dreams

Imagine

Imagine
Most of the worlds' great things were born of adversity and hardship; because these roadblocks encourage us to dream, imagine and believe.- Ann Clemmons

Favorite quotes-

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.

Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”'


F. Scott Fitzgerald. (Lines from The Great Gatsby)
"A Southerner Talks Music"

Mark Twain

"A book must be the ax for the frozen sea inside us."

Franz Kafka

An author values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency.

- Mark Twain in Eruption

"I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself"

Mark Twain

Animal Rescue Site

The Animal Rescue Site

Friendship