5/22/08

Arte y Pico Award

Sandee at Comedy Plus nominated me for the Arte y Pico Award created at the Arte y Pico blog. Then, she blew me away with what she said in my honor, Ann is one of the most original bloggers out there. Her posts are always a great read. I so look forward to her Tuesday question each week. She also is a very dear friend."

And I think of you as my dear friend as well, Sandee. I also think you are funny, kind, compassionate, intuitive...just an all round talent. You strike me as an independent spirit with a reckless sense of adventure- someone who cares about people- a leader- who will catch someone with their hand in a cookie jar, and smile, but not utter a word.

Mel from Monday Morning Power awarded Sandee with the Arte y Pico and said that "her stories are priceless" and I have to agree, he also said, "She is truly one of the funniest people in the blogosphere."

My hats off to you Sandee, and thank you for this honor~

The Rules:

1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.


2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.

4. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

I agree with Sandee who inquired in her post "just five?" because there are so many old and new excellent bloggers I would love to give this award too and who deserve it. However, I think the creators want just five; therefore, here are my five nominations:


Dawn from Twisted Sister has thought provoking and funny posts that keep readers returning day after day, including myself. Twisted Sister is hands down one of the best blogs on the internet. Dawn treats her readers to an excellent atmosphere, blog design, and a natural talent for storytelling. ~A must visit ~

Speedy at Speedcat Hollydale Page : Speedy’s crazy antics and creative imagination entertain his reader’s one post after another. I lose time on Speedy’s blog. I’m so busy laughing, reading, or learning, that before I know it twenty minutes have slipped by …and I realize I’ve read every post on the page. Therefore, Speedy knew what he was doing when he named his blog Speedcat Hollydale Page, because before you know it you will read the entire landing page!
Congratulations Speedcat~

Budweiser at WTIT Radio Blog is a hilarious mischief-maker, who is constantly coming up with new ideas. He spend years as a radio DJ and morning host which I bet he also did well due to his personable quick wit and energy. Although, my favorite feature is his Stealing meme techniques and dating profiles. And he says he doesn’t write many but when he writes a personal story about life its funny. One thing you can count on from Bud’s blog is there’s always something new going on and it’s always going to be funny. Congrats Budweiser~


Mimi at Mimi Writes also known as the queen of meme’s and author the BlogBlast for Peace, which is now on its fourth launch. It began in 2006 with a post from Mimi Writes and has since traveled from blog to blog around the world or at least in the countries with internet access.

Mimi’s writes that the peace Globe Project has “reached 35 countries and 46 states.” I just think that is truly a remarkable accomplishment and I feel privileged to have the opportunity to take part in the project. For more information on The BlogBlast for Peace just visit Mimi blogs or clink the link in my sidebar.
Congratulations Mimi although I know you’ve probably already received this award, it wasn't from me, so now you have two. Thanks for all you do~


And my last nomination is my good friend Paula at Six 4 Paula who is one blogger with an eye for web design. I think Six 4 Paula's blog is thought provoking and funny with an upbeat atmosphere and warm tone. Congratulations Paula you deserve it~

Any blog not nominated for this award, don't worry you just may be a winner of the You Cheer Me Up Award, in addition to a part of the You Cheer Me Up Award blogroll. Yep, that’s what I said…another blogroll.

Have a great day everyone and congratulations to all the award recipients~

10 comments:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Hi Ann-
Thank you very much. I appreciate the award and your comments. It is an honor!

Holly Schwendiman said...

Hi Ann,

Congrats on your recent awards. Those are always fun to receive and pass around. :) I'm just stopping by as blogger 188 on the peace globe blog roll and a link came up to your blog this morning on my dashboard. Thanks for sharing the blogroll!

Hugs,
Holly

Sandee said...

How wonderful Ann. Very well done. You are such a dear. I would love for you to do my latest tag. It's for Mimi and it's such a worthy cause. Here's the link:

The BlogBlast For Peace Meme ~ Join The Revolution.

Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Mimi Lenox said...

Hello Ann -

Thank you very much. I appreciate the comments and especially the plug for BlogBlast. How nice of you. Have a great day, Ann.

Mimi Lenox said...

I didn't mean to leave before thanking you for placing the BlogBlast button and scrolling links in your sidebar. I just noticed them and I do appreciate it. Thank you again!!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

I must be the luckiest boy in the blogosphere, as this is my second Arte y Pico Award. Ann, did you know I was dancing with Sandee at the first awards after-party??? REALLY! Go see :-)

I can't thank you enough ... mostly for the sweet words describing my home "page". Linky Shminky .... what I like about these are the sentiments involved. Your sentiments made my day!

Congratulations to you, and the rest of the recipients here. Yhaaaaaaaaaaa Hooooooooo!!!!

I will add you to my post, and who knows, maybe we can get in one last dance before the streamers come down. (smile)

There is still some Catabwa Juice left ... but Bud Weiser drank all the beer - "again". 8~)

Dawn Drover said...

Awww.... thank you :) You say such nice things Ann. And you picked some great blogs!

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks so much Ann! That is pretty esteemed blogging company you have put me in. I'm jazzed. Now, maybe I oughta get back into blogging and actually deserve this award eh? :-)

Thanks for being my friend! Though we met in a very unusual way, and went through some pretty awful stuff, I'm glad we came out on the other side of it all, and can still laugh! :-)

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Your welcome to all of you and I will reply to all of your comments. I'm sorry I didn't yesterday. We're having some pretty bad weather down here in the dear 'ol deep southern part of the states, which is fine with us, as long as it's not another hurricane, except that I keep losing my utilities.

I wanted to say hello and thank all of you quickly, and post my new blogroll for the You Cheer Me Up Award before I lose power again.

Anyway, I will be back, and Sandee I'd love to help and will check out the meme, and thank you Dawn for your sweet comment and for putting my little Tuesday's Question man on your sidebar, and your more than welcome Mimi, and hello Holly and thank you, and you're quite welcome Bud, you deserve it, and I hope it's not too late for a dance Speedy, I'll have to come see, and I'm glad you're jazzed Paula because it's nice to see you back in the swing of things.

Which by the way, Mimi, Paula made me another Peace Globe and it's great, I'm going to send it to you, and thank you again for making it Paula.

I'm sorry guys and gals it's just storming outside and I was afraid I was going to be in the middle of responding to someone and then not
be able to keep going. I didn't want the person who was cut off to feel cut off and the rest of you to feel like I could care less about your comment.

Will write later, hope everyone is having an excellent Friday~

Ann

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Oh, I almost forgot, Congratulations!

You're all great~

Ann

Click to subscribe!

Today's Popular Children's Picture Books

Today's Popular Children's Picture Books
Click on the titles below for the link to Publishers Weekly.com

The Boogeyman From Planet-Lackawanna-

You will lose yourself in the imaginative dreams of eleven year old Theodore Wilson's. Don't miss this review coming soon.

More reviews and available for purchase on Amazon .com. Just click on image of book and the link will take you there.

Thank you!

Upcoming Book Review

Upcoming Book Review
Gretchen Zufall (Author) Mike Paar (Illustrator)

Motherhood- Courage


Motherhood is an art impossible to explain, one which requires a vast sea of love, devotion, compassion, and understanding, unmatched by any affection we will ever know again.- Ann Clemmons

Courage-

Courage



Humor-

Humor


Words-

Words are the core of our souls, without written, vocal or lyrical expression we lose sight of one another or worse, ourselves. Words bring forth the essence of the human spirit; so express yourself without abandon.

Ann Clemmons

Favorite Phrase

I remember I used to half believe and wholly play with fairies when I was a child. What heaven can be more real than to retain the spirit-world of childhood, tempered and balanced by knowledge and common-sense...

Beatrix Potter’s Journal, 17 November 1896, from the National Trust collection.

Jacket Flap-

Powered by JacketFlap.com
The Storyteller, by Dawn Drover

Alone in her world
of make believe
weaving her stories
of magic and light

She brings joy
to the eyes
of innocent minds
less jaded and free

For only they know
what's in her heart
holding the secrets
she guards so well

Life's hidden mysteries
belong to those
whose wisdom and truth
shine on in imagination


Written for Ann
~Dawn Drover~

Of The Horoscope Junkie




Let"s talk!

Let"s talk!

Subscribe Today

Subscribe Today
Feed Powered by Feedburner

Catch your dreams

Catch your dreams

Imagine

Imagine
Most of the worlds' great things were born of adversity and hardship; because these roadblocks encourage us to dream, imagine and believe.- Ann Clemmons

Favorite quotes-

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.

Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”'


F. Scott Fitzgerald. (Lines from The Great Gatsby)
"A Southerner Talks Music"

Mark Twain

"A book must be the ax for the frozen sea inside us."

Franz Kafka

An author values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency.

- Mark Twain in Eruption

"I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself"

Mark Twain

Animal Rescue Site

The Animal Rescue Site

Friendship