5/16/08

Readers Comments: What Is The Worst Haircut You've Ever Had In Your Life?



This weeks Tuesday's Question was "What is the worst haircut you're ever had in your life?"

I'm sorry for the delay with posting the comments, but I wanted to give everyone a chance to answer.

In addition, I received a request from Ferdc from Crazy Medical Cases to show my readers a picture of myself with the worst haircut of my life ... However, how many of you would show an internet picture of yourself after your head had been through a meat grinder by a maniac hairdresser?

Therefore, I had my son draw a picture of what I looked like when I returned home from the worst haircut I've ever had in my life.

The day of the trauma (the haircut) I walked around the house wondering whether to cut all of my hair off or wear a hat for the rest of my life, that's why I'm holding a hat in one hand and a pair of scissors in the other hand.

However, after reading some of these experiences, it's nice to know I'm not alone in the world when it comes to bad hair days. Therefore, thanks to all of you who contributed, because as I'm sure you all know, misery loves company- So just click "read more" and I promise you will feel better.

These bloggers comments are the best so don't forget to click on the link to their blogs and pay them a visit when you get a chance, I think you'll enjoy their blogs as much as their comments.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My first Commenter was from my dearest friend, as usual :)

Sandee from Comedy Plus

Well, I don't recall ever having a bad haircut, but then I've never given anyone carte blanche with my hair. There is a reason for this policy. I am terrible at fixing hair, so if I don't keep it simple I'm in trouble.

I'm the one who is trying to fix my hair to go somewhere and spending most of the time saying bad words. I have absolutely zero ability in styling my hair. Once in a blue moon it looks halfway decent, but most of the time I'm having a bad hair day.

I've had the same stylist for the last 20 years, so she knows exactly what to do and what my limitations are. She has tried to teach me a few tricks. Didn't work. If I want my hair to look great for a special function, I just call her for an appointment.

I envy those folks that can style their hair. Great question Ann and thanks for reminding me that I can't style my own hair. Bwahahahahahaha. Big hug honey. :)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And my second from another dear friend Misty Dawn from My Dogs Keep Me Sane

Ann, are we somehow mentally connected? I mean seriously! Today, I went to work, and then went to my scheduled appointment for a haircut!!! I was hesitant, because I was considering a rather short cut, and I have never had my hair short - it has always been 'fairly' long to 'really' long. Well, I threw all caution to the wind and said, "Just do whatever you think will look good!" So, it's short... only one person has seen it so far (my BBFF and she saw it over the webcam)... she loved it, but I'm still not sure about it.

So, this isn't really a good 'worst haircut' story, but I had to laugh when I came to your blog and saw the subject of the Tuesday Question, considering I just got home from getting a haircut!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then my new and funny friend Ferdc from Crazy Medical Cases
(Who I hope likes my picture, actually I hope all of you do)

Every haircut I get now is the worst one I've ever had, not because of my stylist (my dear wife, Princess Gail) but because I seem to be losing more and more! Damn!

Annie, since you are making an issue of this, I think we your readers deserve to see a picture of this lovely, curly haircut you had. We could all use a chuckle! ; )

I wonder who you resembled most, Thing One or Thing Two? Hmm.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read how funny Feefifoto from Feefifoto Blog
experience turned out:

Oh, without a doubt it was the hair cut I gave myself. Here's a really useful piece of advice: hair stretches. Especially wet hair. Especially curly hair. And then it snaps back. So if you want to cut your own bangs and you pull them straight while they're wet, and you cut and cut and cut to get them even until they're about an inch long? Then after your hair is dry you will unfailingly look like a turnip. And everyone at your high school will notice.

May 14, 2008 9:52 AM


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And regards were sent from best funny video at Feel My Tube

Hye..

Nice blog you got it here. Nice content too.

I just stop by here to drop you some entrecard..

Oh, just check out my best funny video that I got. Just want to share it with you..Sharing is caring :)

Thanks my friend.

Regards,
Feel My Tube

May 15, 2008 11:39 AM


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then I laughed hysterically at the wonderful Jennifer Robin from Robin's Woods comment,

I was 20, going to a big formal affair on a ship, and the guy who had cut my hair several times already to my satisfaction decided to try something new. First he went asymmetrical, and when I said "I don't think so", he "fixed" it and I ended up with the back of my head looking like a monkey's butt, and yes, I had to go to the formal affair looking that way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Followed by another dear friend and hilarious writer Dawn from Twisted Sister

Does a bad perm count?
I looked like a poodle and hid for days!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then, one of my favorite writer's and friends stopped by, the speedcat himself, Speedy from Speedcat Hollydale Page

Read this, it's great~


That is so easy, and I remember this just like yesterday.
When I was 19, I had a classic 80's kind of hair-doo. Swept back with a long curly back. No, not ON my back, but the back of my head. (he hee)
Anyway, when I was that age, my look was really important to me. I was overly concerned of what women thought of how I looked. Funny, because things are so different now.
I stopped in to a Cost Cutters, and wanted a trim on the sides. I was sat in a chair, and my stylist was talking and talking away. It seemed like the scissors were just there flinging around wildly as story after story came out of her mouth. She hacked of a lot of hair as she moved to the back of my head, and I said NO NO, I did not want that short! She kept on "Fixing" that particular cut and telling more stories, Did this lady listen to me at all?
By the time I was done, I looked like I had just joined the army. I like having a shorter cut now, but back then I felt like I was butchered.
The manager asked if there was any trouble and if I was happy with the service. I told her how disappointed I was that my cut was completely wrong, and that I hated it. She said there was no charge ... one on the house. I told her that I did not want my money back - I wanted my hair back!
The next day, all I heard was, "What happened to you?" ... followed by laughter.
Free is not always good. (wink)

Song today? Missing You, by Steve Perry. It's on the greatest hits album with "5 previously unrealeased" on it. I don't know exactly why, but I just love that song. Reminds me of a lost love, and someone that I miss. She left when I was still drinking (many years ago). I have a lot of regrets from those days.
Ironically, the song makes me feel alive, and I can listen to it over and over and over again. The melody is hauntingly beautiful.
Check it out! :-)

Happy week Ann
Speedy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And last, but certainly not least, Henson from the excellent blog Henson's Hell


I sympathize. The worst haircut I ever received was when I was in high school and I went through my "hair salon" phase. I hated the way my hair looked, and asked my mom to take me with her the next time she went to a professional salon (as opposed to the old-fashioned barber shop I always went to.) My stylist was a chain-smoker (because you could in those days), and he seemed more concerned with lighting his next cigarette than paying attention to my hair. At the end of my "visit," I looked like Paul Lynde...not sure how he accomplished that, but I never went back to the salon again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, congratulations, you have courageously made it through Tuesday's Question, and you should feel good about yourself, because it's not an easy task. Therefore, please feel free to paste the code for the brag badge on your blog and let everyone know how groovy and smart you really are~ (Really, it's optional, I'll still love you if you're not a braggert, maybe more...)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


2 comments:

Sandee said...

Oh, perms are an entirely different thing. My mother gave the worst perms in the world. Bless her heart. I just hated them. What a fun question for last week.

Your question - I don't sing in the car or anywhere else, so my answer is -- nothing. I. CAN'T. SING! Big hug honey. :)

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Sandee, I'm glad you enjoyed the question and thank you for commenting on this post. I hope you're getting the link credit, because you always come back and read everyones comment. You must let me know, because I'm terrible about checking that.

Because Tuesday's Question is a readers post. Intended for everyone to get to know each other better, but also to share link love, so let me know if they're coming through, o.k.?

Also, I loved reading your story over the week-end- (LOL) I was completely lost every time I checked it, it was so funny.

It reminded me of spreading a sentence in a circle, you know whispering in someone's ear who in turn whispers in another persons, until you get to the end and it's entirely different. (laughing)

I was lost. The poor person who followed me had to skip over. I hope I didn't mess it up, but every time I stopped by I didn't comment, and I didn't want you to think I hadn't been there to visit.

Anyway, it was fun, and thanks for answering my singing question. I just assume everyone is as crazy as I am. It's really Speedy's fault because he IS just as crazy~

I asked that question at the end of a post one time and he answered it. Then we kept telling each other in comments, and I decided to ask everyone every now and then.

Love ya and I hope you had a nice week-end.

Big hug back~

Ann

Click to subscribe!

Today's Popular Children's Picture Books

Today's Popular Children's Picture Books
Click on the titles below for the link to Publishers Weekly.com

The Boogeyman From Planet-Lackawanna-

You will lose yourself in the imaginative dreams of eleven year old Theodore Wilson's. Don't miss this review coming soon.

More reviews and available for purchase on Amazon .com. Just click on image of book and the link will take you there.

Thank you!

Upcoming Book Review

Upcoming Book Review
Gretchen Zufall (Author) Mike Paar (Illustrator)

Motherhood- Courage


Motherhood is an art impossible to explain, one which requires a vast sea of love, devotion, compassion, and understanding, unmatched by any affection we will ever know again.- Ann Clemmons

Courage-

Courage



Humor-

Humor


Words-

Words are the core of our souls, without written, vocal or lyrical expression we lose sight of one another or worse, ourselves. Words bring forth the essence of the human spirit; so express yourself without abandon.

Ann Clemmons

Favorite Phrase

I remember I used to half believe and wholly play with fairies when I was a child. What heaven can be more real than to retain the spirit-world of childhood, tempered and balanced by knowledge and common-sense...

Beatrix Potter’s Journal, 17 November 1896, from the National Trust collection.

Jacket Flap-

Powered by JacketFlap.com
The Storyteller, by Dawn Drover

Alone in her world
of make believe
weaving her stories
of magic and light

She brings joy
to the eyes
of innocent minds
less jaded and free

For only they know
what's in her heart
holding the secrets
she guards so well

Life's hidden mysteries
belong to those
whose wisdom and truth
shine on in imagination


Written for Ann
~Dawn Drover~

Of The Horoscope Junkie




Let"s talk!

Let"s talk!

Subscribe Today

Subscribe Today
Feed Powered by Feedburner

Catch your dreams

Catch your dreams

Imagine

Imagine
Most of the worlds' great things were born of adversity and hardship; because these roadblocks encourage us to dream, imagine and believe.- Ann Clemmons

Favorite quotes-

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.

Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”'


F. Scott Fitzgerald. (Lines from The Great Gatsby)
"A Southerner Talks Music"

Mark Twain

"A book must be the ax for the frozen sea inside us."

Franz Kafka

An author values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency.

- Mark Twain in Eruption

"I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself"

Mark Twain

Animal Rescue Site

The Animal Rescue Site

Friendship