8/15/07

Tuesday's Comments, " What is Your Favorite Dialogue In A Book or Movie?"




Here Are A Few Of The Answers in my Comments to my Tuesdays Question:


Every Tuesday evening, I review the answers to my Tuesday's Question in comments, then I choose three of my favorite responses to the question. I wish I could post everyones comments, but in an effort to create a level of apprehension and excitement, I only choose three, but I write a small blog review of each. My Thanks to everyone who participated, and remember, I'll post another question Tuesday, so if your selection wasn't chosen this week, maybe next week it will!

Have a great day and happy reading!

Here is my Question and Answer:

Which is, What is your favorite dialogue from a book or movie?



Here's mine, from the movie As Good As It Gets (1997)

"Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here."


Here are my first three selections:



Polliwogs Pond:




Polliwog’s pond, is the playground of the wonderful,self- proclaimed, oddball Mother of six, Polli , who says the blog is her way to stay sane! The warm title picture of a frog on a Lillie pad, nicely invites you into her world. Polli has plenty of fun, well written, and entertaining, posts. A writer with a caring and articulate voice, that you can tell cares about her readers and people in general. Read Polliwogs Pond when you can get the chance, you will make a return visit.


In response to my question," What is your favorite dialogue in a movie or book,” here is Polli’s comment,




Great fun Ann!

Some of my favorite dialogs from books and movies.

----
From The Cable Guy (1996)

Steven: Can I get a knife or fork?
Wench: There were no utensils in medieval times, hence there are no utensils AT Medieval Times. Would you like a refill on that Pepsi?
Steven: There were no utensils but there was Pepsi?
Wench: Dude, I got a lot of tables.

-----

From Bridges of Madison County

Robert Kincaid: This kind of certainty comes but once in a lifetime.


I picked this selection strictly due to its romantic nature!

Thank again Polli-


Comedy Plus:




My next blog is returning winner, and good friend, Sandee with Comedy Plus, and I didn't choose her because she gave me an award. I choose her selection for the same exact reason I did Polli 's! There's just something about these guys! You'll see what I mean when you read the selection, but first, here's a little about Comedy Plus.

Comedy Plus is a hilarious, warm, crazy, smart, upbeat and up market, comedy blog! All of Comedy Plus, is warm and smart and most definitely hilarious! One trip, and I promise you'll most certainly leave happy, and then quickly return for more!

Here's Sandee's comment,


Clark Gable (Rhett) in Gone With the Wind:

I want you to faint. This is what you were meant for. None of the fools you've ever know have kissed you like this, have they? Your Charles, or your Frank, or your stupid Ashley!

I have to put in his other one too:

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.


Yep, quite a guy!

Whimsy Gal


My last but certainly not least blogger is, Whimsy gal, from Whimsical Web Design one of the most creative and fun sites I’ve seen in some time. Frustrated with trying to hire others to design her web site, she decided to do it herself, and she does a great job of it. She designs web sites, draws graphics, and writes some of the funniest articles in the blogssphere! If you haven’t been there already, go read her web site as well as her blog it’s great!

Here's Whimsey Gal’s comment:



Ok, I'll play :) This is fun. My favorite movie quote has to depend on my mood of the day - today's is sarcastic LOL!

"Are you with me or do you need me to draw it in crayon like usual?"
from the movie ConAir

Awesome idea - can't wait to see what everyone turns in :) Thanks!

August 14, 2007 3:44 PM



I picked Whimsy Gals comment due to it's rolling on the floor laughing funny charm!

Thanks to everyone who played along with my silliness, and I'm glad I ask you questions, after all if you can't ask your friends, then can you ask?

Have a super fantastic day, and be double decker sure to have a good time! :))

8 comments:

Dr. Bill Emener said...

In the movie, “Indecent Proposal,” at the end of the movie, after Robert Redford sabotages their relationship and Demi Moore goes back to her husband, Woody Harrelson, Redford's chauffer asks, “Why did you do that?” Referring back to when he had been watching Demi Mooore talking with Wood Harrelson in the rain (during the auction), Redford says, “Because she’ll never look at me the way she looked at him.”
Also, from “As Good As It Gets,” – “How do you know you love me?” “I went back on my medication.”
I have many others, but if I told you all of them I would need too many pages and “I’d have to shoot you.”
Bill

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Thank you, for your fantastic comment! I loved As Good As It Gets, and Indecent Proposal! I really like what Robert Redford's character says, and I didn't remember it! Thanks for your visit and contribution! :))

Ann

Sandee said...

Well aren't you the nicest. You really are. I do look forward to your Tuesday question too. They have all been fun to do. Have a great day. :)

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Sandee, You have been a great sport as well as a recurring champion!

Thank you so much for playing, you add to the fun!

And thank you for the wonderful award. I really like it! Can you tell? I wrote on and on enough about it, didn't I? Which I have the tendency to do when I feel strongly about something. I really like the name, "Nice Matters" and the idea behind it!

You have a great day too!

Ann

Anonymous said...

well, shucks - you made me blush - an no, it's not a hot flash - it's an honest to goodness blush!! i was so thrilled when I read what you wrote! you know, i love your blog and look forward to reading it - you're so talented and that you enjoy my blog, well, i can only go all sally fields here - you like me, you really like me - you completely made my day!!!!!!

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Whimsy Gal, LOL! YOU are very talented! I love your graphics and at some point I will be one of your customers!

Your compliment too made my day!

Ann


P.S.: Not hot flashes? I thought about that poor doctor I clobbered in the operating room, when I read your hilarious post that day! When I went to my room after the surgery, I noticed a bandage on my face, but before I could ask why, in walked my doctor, with a bandage on his! Can you imagine how humiliated I was? And People wonder why I write, LOL when asked where the nickname Slugger came from. LOL! I think I'm going to write a post about it sometime.

So much strangeness comes after that surgery, plus you're not sure if your body is even yours anymore!


I think you write the most hilarious posts, I love them!


Thanks for stopping by and participating in this craziness!

Anonymous said...

I can see I'm going to have to make this a regular Tuesday stop. I love your questions ... and all the answers you get. Great fun.

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Thank you, Bob! I'm so glad you like it. I'm having a wonderful time. I'd love it if you stopped by every Tuesday. I have a great one for next week, and you give the best answers!

See you later!

Ann

Click to subscribe!

Today's Popular Children's Picture Books

Today's Popular Children's Picture Books
Click on the titles below for the link to Publishers Weekly.com

The Boogeyman From Planet-Lackawanna-

You will lose yourself in the imaginative dreams of eleven year old Theodore Wilson's. Don't miss this review coming soon.

More reviews and available for purchase on Amazon .com. Just click on image of book and the link will take you there.

Thank you!

Upcoming Book Review

Upcoming Book Review
Gretchen Zufall (Author) Mike Paar (Illustrator)

Motherhood- Courage


Motherhood is an art impossible to explain, one which requires a vast sea of love, devotion, compassion, and understanding, unmatched by any affection we will ever know again.- Ann Clemmons

Courage-

Courage



Humor-

Humor


Words-

Words are the core of our souls, without written, vocal or lyrical expression we lose sight of one another or worse, ourselves. Words bring forth the essence of the human spirit; so express yourself without abandon.

Ann Clemmons

Favorite Phrase

I remember I used to half believe and wholly play with fairies when I was a child. What heaven can be more real than to retain the spirit-world of childhood, tempered and balanced by knowledge and common-sense...

Beatrix Potter’s Journal, 17 November 1896, from the National Trust collection.

Jacket Flap-

Powered by JacketFlap.com
The Storyteller, by Dawn Drover

Alone in her world
of make believe
weaving her stories
of magic and light

She brings joy
to the eyes
of innocent minds
less jaded and free

For only they know
what's in her heart
holding the secrets
she guards so well

Life's hidden mysteries
belong to those
whose wisdom and truth
shine on in imagination


Written for Ann
~Dawn Drover~

Of The Horoscope Junkie




Let"s talk!

Let"s talk!

Subscribe Today

Subscribe Today
Feed Powered by Feedburner

Catch your dreams

Catch your dreams

Imagine

Imagine
Most of the worlds' great things were born of adversity and hardship; because these roadblocks encourage us to dream, imagine and believe.- Ann Clemmons

Favorite quotes-

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.

Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”'


F. Scott Fitzgerald. (Lines from The Great Gatsby)
"A Southerner Talks Music"

Mark Twain

"A book must be the ax for the frozen sea inside us."

Franz Kafka

An author values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency.

- Mark Twain in Eruption

"I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself"

Mark Twain

Animal Rescue Site

The Animal Rescue Site

Friendship