1/27/09

What Is The Worst Thing Your Pet Has Ever Done ? (Tuesday's Question)



Hello, and welcome to another Tuesday's Question. I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the fictional "Toonces" on Saturday Night Live years ago, but I think you'll agree that if Toonces were real, he would win the prize for the worlds worst cat.

In addition, this past Christmas we were introduced to the movie adaption of the book, Marley And Me, by John Grogan about "The Worlds Worst Dog," who is quite possibly the worst canine ever born.

I'm in the middle of reading the book,(and I plan to see the movie) and trust me, so far Marley is a lovable handful of Trouble, and I capitalized the T on purpose.

In fact, Marley's owner and the author of Marley and Me John Grogan, subtitled the book, "Life and Love with the Worlds Worst Dog."

But, what about the other animals out there in the world? I happened to have the world's worst cat, and I'm sure a few of you have been blessed with owning or knowing a mischievous feline or canine rebel, therefore today's Tuesday's Question asks;

What is The Worst Thing Your Pet Has Ever Done? The question includes animals that you've owned in the past, animal friends, animal nieces and nephews, etc...

If this is the first time you've heard about A Nice Place In The Sun's Tuesday's Question, I have a note containing more information about it at the end of this post, and thanks to the rest of you for your weekly support each week, as well as your fantastic answers.

As soon as I come up with a good logo for Tuesday's Question I plan to give out some T-Shirts to my most supportive contributors, but that's a ways down the road, however, I will put a sign up when we're close to getting there. -corny huh?-


Anyway, thanks to my regulars and there's a note for the rest of you. I will post your answers with a link to your blog after the "read more" hack. Have fun!


Have children?

Here is a link to the hardcover of Bad Dog Marley a special adaptation for young readers. By John Grogan (Author), Richard Cowdrey (Illustrator)



Note to first time visitors to Tuesday's Question.

If this is the first you've read or heard of Tuesday's Question, please note that I'm glad you're here. All participates answers are published (along with a link to their site) within Tuesday's Question's post and you don't have to own a blog to participate.

All you have to do is write your answer in comments and I will publish your comment along with your name. Just leave everything to me~ :0 Your answers will be posted as quickly as possible throughout the day with a link to the participating blogger's blogs, therefore, don't forget to stop by and visit the blogger's who commented.

Chances are, if you liked a blogger's answer, you will also enjoy reading their blog. Have Fun, and don't forget, Tuesday's Question is a weekly post of original questions, link love, and friendship, so jump in and let us know your answer. You can read the answers throughout the day by clicking "Read More"

Thanks and have fun~

We have an excellent turnout of funny and touching answers this Tuesday, so treat yourself and click on the word's "Read More"





Our first Answer is from my dear dear friend and loyal Tuesday's Question participate,

Sandee from Comedy Plus, whose answers are as much fun as her blog. Therefore be sure

to take advantage of this link to Comedy Plus, I promise you will not regret it.

Here's Sandee's Answer:

I'd not heard of Toonces before. What a wreck of a cat. Yikes.

We have a flat coat retriever. Her name is Little Bit although she weight 80 pounds. We named her Little Bit because she is a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

She was a throw away dog (twice) and no one seemed to want her. I was still working when she picked me out to be the new master. It was a great choice on my part to let her adopt us. She has been a great source of joy.

So, what's the worst thing she has done?

She has farted after eating pigs ears and it's made our eyes water. No, that's not the worst thing.

She's gotten into the kitchen garbage can on numerous occasions and spread garbage all over the place. No, that's not the worst thing.

She will kill any small critter she finds outdoors (not little dogs folks). They just don't have a chance. Well, that's not the worst thing.

She will drink water out of the toilet. Well, I guess that's not the worst thing.

She licks her behind daily. Well, I suppose that isn't the worst thing either.

I've come to the conclusion that our Little Bit is a perfect dog and does absolutely no wrong at all.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next answer is from no other than Daisy herself, from Daisy, The Curly Cat
who says that she is a good cat, but she and her mom have had some problems with her brother Harley. In fact she wrote a post about it today if you would like to hear more about what Harley did click here

And here's Daisy's comment: Thank you Daisy~

Oh my goodness, we LOVE Toonces. The cat who could drive a car! I have always wanted to drive a car. I am pretty sure I would not have a fiery wreck though.

I wrote today on my blog about the bad things my brother Harley has done. He almost ruined our laptop computer by spilling water into the keyboard. We took it all apart and dried it quickly, but the "A" key stopped working. Luckily, we got a replacement keyboard and it works fine now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My next answer is from my dear dear friend Dawn at Twisted Sister, who, like Sandee, has been a loyal Tuesday's Question participate from the beginning. Dawn also has some very funny posts on her blog as I writing this... Thanks pal~


Well I can't say ever owned a pet as crazy as Toonces!
Miiko is a little nuts but what can I say? I probably made him that way.

I guess if I have to point a finger it would be at the dog. Sasha has been known to kill baby rabbits and squirrels. I find that hard to deal with... but the absolute worst thing was when she killed and ate my brother in law's brand new shoes. I was mortified!

Great question Ann!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next answer is from Lizzie at Lizzie's Choice whose blog has a collection of articles by talented writers all over the web- Thanks Lizzie~

My Doberman/Labrador cross still goes crazy every so often but at 17 it isn't as frequent as it used to be. As a pup, he once ate half the lounge carpet and tore the back out of an armchair when I left him for 2 hours to go to the shop.

He was also very good at climbing onto kitchen worktops and would empty my cupboard. Yikes!

Fortunately he is almost always good now!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up next is an answer by none other than another dear, dear, friend, Maunie at Maunie James I just realized when I went to copy the link to Maunie James, that Maunie she has an article about her bad and wonderful kitty Penny posted today. Isn't that a coincidence?

Here's Maunie's answer:


Well honey Penny the most wonderful cat in the world steals and hides things...if she can carry it in her mouth or drag it with her paws...it's gone. Last Christmas it was orniments off the tree.

this year we couldn't decorate so she got crazy and took one sock of as many pairs as she could find.

Hubbys keys.that was a good one.

one glove or mitten...drives ya nuts.

And we are not sure how she did it (must have taken her most of the day) the remote.

We did track down most of the stuff in an empty box for the lap
top we were taking down here.

If she could only talk..I love her to pieces...you too honey.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's it so far, except for your answer, hence, What is The Worst thing Your Pet Has Ever Done?


Type rest of the post here

21 comments:

Sandee said...

I'd not heard of Toonces before. What a wreck of a cat. Yikes.

We have a flat coat retriever. Her name is Little Bit although she weight 80 pounds. We named her Little Bit because she is a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

She was a throw away dog (twice) and no one seemed to want her. I was still working when she picked me out to be the new master. It was a great choice on my part to let her adopt us. She has been a great source of joy.

So, what's the worst thing she has done?

She has farted after eating pigs ears and it's made our eyes water. No, that's not the worst thing.

She's gotten into the kitchen garbage can on numerous occasions and spread garbage all over the place. No, that's not the worst thing.

She will kill any small critter she finds outdoors (not little dogs folks). They just don't have a chance. Well, that's not the worst thing.

She will drink water out of the toilet. Well, I guess that's not the worst thing.

She licks her behind daily. Well, I suppose that isn't the worst thing either.

I've come to the conclusion that our Little Bit is a perfect dog and does absolutely no wrong at all.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Daisy said...

Oh my goodness, we LOVE Toonces. The cat who could drive a car! I have always wanted to drive a car. I am pretty sure I would not have a fiery wreck though.

I wrote today on my blog about the bad things my brother Harley has done. He almost ruined our laptop computer by spilling water into the keyboard. We took it all apart and dried it quickly, but the "A" key stopped working. Luckily, we got a replacement keyboard and it works fine now.

Dawn Drover said...

Well I can't say ever owned a pet as crazy as Toonces!
Miiko is a little nuts but what can I say? I probably made him that way.

I guess if I have to point a finger it would be at the dog. Sasha has been known to kill baby rabbits and squirrels. I find that hard to deal with... but the absolute worst thing was when she killed and ate my brother in law's brand new shoes. I was mortified!

Great question Ann!

lizzie said...

My Doberman/Labrador cross still goes crazy every so often but at 17 it isn't as frequent as it used to be. As a pup, he once ate half the lounge carpet and tore the back out of an armchair when I left him for 2 hours to go to the shop.

He was also very good at climbing onto kitchen worktops and would empty my cupboard. Yikes!

Fortunately he is almost always good now!

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Sandee, Bwahahahahaha I love it. I lost a Golden who helped me raise Taylor about four years ago. Life without her is hard.

I loved reading about Little Bit. Which, by the way, is an excellent name, and it is comical due to the fact that she weighs 80 pounds.

Although, I have to say, I wish I weighted 80 pounds, well, maybe a little more, but, you get my meaning.

I love the way you wrote this and I love how you said she picked you out. I'm thinking, (because of people like you) that adopting a dog is the way to go.

I've been saving my money for another retriever, but you know, I'm beginning to think it may be better to adopt.

And you know I agree, it sounds to me that your Little Bit is the perfect dog and "does nothing wrong." (Smile)

I just love, love, love, your answer, and I appreciate you sharing it with us-I cannot wait to post it~

Big Hug and lots of lovies back~

Annie

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Daisy, Laughing...well Daisy all I can say is I thank goodness you two never met. Or at least you never got into the car with him. laughing....


Now, what in the world are you going to do about Harley? Oh...I bet he was in trouble. Brothers can be bad sometimes, but I suppose you've got to love them and keep them.

Do you know that my cat Simon did the exact same thing? He sure did. I had to buy a replacement keyboard too. Those boys...

Thanks for answering Tuesday's Question Daisy, and hug yourself for me, o.k.?

Oh...and hug Harley and the snail too...

Annie

Anonymous said...

Well honey Penny the most wonderful cat in the world steals and hides things...if she can carry it in her mouth or drag it with her paws...it's gone. Last Christmas it was orniments off the tree.

this year we couldn't decorate so she got crazy and took one sock of as many pairs as she could find.

Hubbys keys.that was a good one.

one glove or mitten...drives ya nuts.

And we are not sure how she did it (must have taken her most of the day) the remote.

We did track down most of the stuff in an empty box for the lap
top we were taking down here.

If she could only talk..I love her to pieces...you too honey.

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Dawn, Well, are you sure Miiko hasn't ever taken your car for a spin? One never knows... You know how we never believe our pets do anything wrong? Or we blame ourselves....when they do... (Laughing) (I'm really losing it)

In all seriousness, :0 I've heard of animals doing what Sasha does. My retriever used to catch squirrels and "play" with them until they died. I couldn't stand it.

The vet told me that she was trying to help bring home supper-

But somehow that wasn't enough for me. I loved her so, therefore we keep away from as much small wildlife as possible. She always loved small dogs and cats, it was just wild life, weird isn't it?

So maybe Sasha is trying to contribute, you know, sing for her supper, so to speak. She's a beautiful dog. And Miiko is also a handsome devil.

And I'm sorry, but I laughed about the shoes...I suppose I wouldn't have had they been my shoes, but, well...

I bet you were embarrassed...Laughing.

Great answer~

E-hug~

Annie

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Lizzie, Laughing...The cupboards?

I cannot believe he is 17. How fabulous. It is wonderful to think you've had him this long- that is truly a blessing.

However, it sounds as though it is a good thing he has slowed down a bit.

Laughing...I cannot believe he tore the back out of an armchair and ate half the carpet...Whew, he was mad about you going to the store wasn't he?

Great answer Lizzie, thank you~

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

And I love you to pieces Maunie~ Thank you for all of your wonderful comments, because I was getting worried about you. I was just about to go hunt you down.

How are you feeling since your surgery? I hope and it seems like maybe a little better? Anyway, I truthfully love you to pieces as well.

And I couldn't stop laughing at Honey Penny. And she does sound like the best cat in the world. So far Sandee has the best dog in the world and you have the best cat.

Honey Penny sounds smart- I love how she used your laptop box for her private stash. lol

And how in the world did she manage to take the remote? That is too funny.

Thanks for the laugh, and a great answer Maunie. Take good care of you~

Hugs and love,

Annie

Mike Golch said...

when I lived out in Ca,after I seperated from my first wife.I was given a cat by a neighbor who was moving and could not have a pet where they were moving.So I took it.it had a simple name Cat.cat would climb ontop of the drapery rod and pounce on me when I would come home from where ever I was.that got to be a little anoying,but I guess that was Cat's way of saying hi,I'm glad you are home.

Anonymous said...

Last summer I found the cutest little tabby kitten. She was about five weeks old and quite vicious.
My kid's like to call her evil Lucy:)

Over last few months her viciousness has faded to just being grouchy.

But unfortunately she's also destructive. Last night I caught her ripping a poster off the wall in my eight year old's room and according to him that's the worst thing she's ever done.

She also steals, but that's another story:)

brokenteepee said...

My son Michael the goat has tried to kill our male person! He goes after him with his horns. He stands on his hind legs and stamps his feet. It is not nice.

It is because our male person gets to close to our publicist - they are married, but that does not seem to matter - but Michael the goat does not like ANYONE to go near the publicist. He has chased the mail lady away, he has chased the neighbor away and as mentioned he has tried to kill our male person.

I think our publicist is the only person around with an attack goat.

DubLiMan said...

I have three Doxies. When my youngest was about 5 months old (about a year ago) she got out of my backyard.....to this day I don't know how. Anyway she was missing for about 2 hours. I climbed the fence in the yard to all of my neighbors houses and nobody saw her. When leaving my house I have a habit of going through the garage. I very rarely go through the front door. Well anyways, my other two dogs started barking and running to the front door. I opened up the door and she was sleeping on the welcome mat. what was funny was that there was a pile, and I mean a PILE of branches, twigs, paper, and even a few dead rodents and a bird next to her. She was apparently bringing me presents.

To this day, I still laugh about it and relate this to my friends.

Unknown said...

Annie, I think when my dog Max got on my counter and ate the steaks I had laid out for the barbeque. My cat smokers on the other hand, loves to hide and grab my ankle when I walk by, or his eyes get big and he jumps across the room like a dog at me(playing of course)I think this is funny and the rest may think it is wrong but he pees in my bathroom sink, right in the drain. Is that bad or what?

I Hate Commercials said...

We had a pit bull puppy named Jada who used to destroy everything as soon as we'd leave the house. It used to bust out of every cage and room ever put in. Well one day I left her out alone in the house and went to work only to come home to find her sitting inside my bed mattress. Yes, inside my mattress. She ate a giant hole through the mattress and was just hanging out in there like nothing was wrong, like she was supposed to be inside my mattress.

Donnie said...

One of my dogs was depressed. He ate a toad and died from the toxins. The vet ruled it a suicide. That was bad for the dog anyway. Me? Hell, I had another dog in a week or so.

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of Toonces, that was funny.

Worst thing, hmmmm? ZuZu ( a little girl cat) had a fondness for chewing very thin things - shoelaces, the cords on the blinds - stuff like that. We kept a big supply of shoelaces for my husband's shoes. The worst tho was when she chewed through the wires on his super-expensive Bose headphones - hoo-boy was my husband angry. Since she was MY cat, I had to replace them.

Totally funny worst thing? It was Christmas time, we had a 6 month old puppy. Even tho puppy was house broken, he had also been paper trained and I guess someone forgot to walk him on schedule, and when you gotta go, you gotta go, so like a good puppy he went on the only paper he could find - the wrapped Christmas presents under the tree - oh, my!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Ann, I am late as usual, but ONE story pops into my mind right away.

Years ago, before my long-time workplace was sold off, liquidated, and then destroyed by a larger company, I brought my dog Mardy into the office to meet the owner as I picked up my pay check.
(Mardy is a three pound Chihuahua)
Well, first thing he did is walk over by the desk and drop a big turd. Sorry, I know that's graphic, but you cannot imagine how it was in person.
In retrospect, I think Mardy could see the future, and was just making a statement about my boss. He was right!!!

Anonymous said...

My dog ate my brand new glasses. Good thing she's so cute.

Marie said...

When I was expecting my first baby (32 years ago) our maniacal dog got into the baby supplies and slurped up a bottle of baby oil.

You can imagine what resulted.

When the baby was born, my parents brought us home because my husband had to work. We walked into our apartment to find the dog had gotten the lower kichen cupboard door open and tore everything in it to shreds. Tea bags, rice, cereal, pasta, all in a pile in the middle of the living room.

We found a new home for her with a colleague of my husband's who had five children. That fixed her. lol

Click to subscribe!

Today's Popular Children's Picture Books

Today's Popular Children's Picture Books
Click on the titles below for the link to Publishers Weekly.com

The Boogeyman From Planet-Lackawanna-

You will lose yourself in the imaginative dreams of eleven year old Theodore Wilson's. Don't miss this review coming soon.

More reviews and available for purchase on Amazon .com. Just click on image of book and the link will take you there.

Thank you!

Upcoming Book Review

Upcoming Book Review
Gretchen Zufall (Author) Mike Paar (Illustrator)

Motherhood- Courage


Motherhood is an art impossible to explain, one which requires a vast sea of love, devotion, compassion, and understanding, unmatched by any affection we will ever know again.- Ann Clemmons

Courage-

Courage



Humor-

Humor


Words-

Words are the core of our souls, without written, vocal or lyrical expression we lose sight of one another or worse, ourselves. Words bring forth the essence of the human spirit; so express yourself without abandon.

Ann Clemmons

Favorite Phrase

I remember I used to half believe and wholly play with fairies when I was a child. What heaven can be more real than to retain the spirit-world of childhood, tempered and balanced by knowledge and common-sense...

Beatrix Potter’s Journal, 17 November 1896, from the National Trust collection.

Jacket Flap-

Powered by JacketFlap.com
The Storyteller, by Dawn Drover

Alone in her world
of make believe
weaving her stories
of magic and light

She brings joy
to the eyes
of innocent minds
less jaded and free

For only they know
what's in her heart
holding the secrets
she guards so well

Life's hidden mysteries
belong to those
whose wisdom and truth
shine on in imagination


Written for Ann
~Dawn Drover~

Of The Horoscope Junkie




Let"s talk!

Let"s talk!

Subscribe Today

Subscribe Today
Feed Powered by Feedburner

Catch your dreams

Catch your dreams

Imagine

Imagine
Most of the worlds' great things were born of adversity and hardship; because these roadblocks encourage us to dream, imagine and believe.- Ann Clemmons

Favorite quotes-

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.

Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”'


F. Scott Fitzgerald. (Lines from The Great Gatsby)
"A Southerner Talks Music"

Mark Twain

"A book must be the ax for the frozen sea inside us."

Franz Kafka

An author values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency.

- Mark Twain in Eruption

"I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself"

Mark Twain

Animal Rescue Site

The Animal Rescue Site

Friendship