5/26/14

Never Interrupt A Daddy Ducks Breakfast


Several lakes surrounded the University campus where I went to school years ago; and the ducks owned the lakes, so they politely flapped, waddled, and quacked behind whoever had a class near their pond.

The ducks considered the students who tried to sneak across campus near their home, because they were late for class, as trespassing upon their private property, -and as we all know there are consciences for rude behavior in the duck world, much like breaking the law in all societies.  Anyway, I'm sure you know what legal tender is in a ducks world- Food-     

We could hear duck wings flapping, and a chorus of quaking, before we opened our eyes each morning, including week-ends. Maybe Roosters were born to wake up farmers, and Ducks were born to wake up students- Who knows? 

Anyway, most of the ducks I knew were polite, and easy to deal with, but this educated group of ducks were different; they were were loud and aggressive, especially if you didn't pay your right of passage.  So, the best thing to do was leave the house prepared to feed them, and never, ever interrupt their breakfast. (The most important meal of the day.)

Some students believed that the ducks knew which students were going to feed them, much like a waiter knows a good tipper, so they would immediately start attacking the students who didn't have food, and peacefully surrounded the ones with a bread bag. Incidentally, most students left their house each day with their books, and a bag of bread for the ducks.

But, sometimes it was hard to remember duck rules early every morning, therefore, on occasion a student would forget to bring the ducks food. Thus, it just so happened that one students memory lapse, provided a Daddy Duck with the opportunity to teach the rest of us a valuable lesson.

Several lakes surrounded the University campus where I went to school years ago, and the ducks owned the lakes, so they politely flapped, waddled, and quacked behind whoever had a class near their pond. -It was just one of those things in life you have to learn the hard way-

You see, the ducks considered the students who tried to sneak across campus near their home, because they were late for class, as trespassing upon their private property, -and as we all know there are consciences for rude behavior in the duck world, much like breaking the law in all societies.  Anyway, I'm sure you know what legal tender is in a duck world- Food-     

We could hear duck wings flapping, and a chorus of quaking, before we opened our eyes each morning, including week-ends. Maybe Roosters were born to wake up farmers, and Ducks were born to wake up students- Who knows? 

Anyway, most of the ducks I knew were polite and easy to deal with, but this educated group of ducks was different; they were loud and aggressive, especially if you didn't pay your right of passage.  So, the best thing to do was leave the house prepared to feed them, and never, ever interrupt their breakfast. (The most important meal of the day.)

Some students believed that the ducks knew which students were going to feed them, much like a waiter knows a good tipper, so they would immediately start attacking the students who didn't have food and peacefully surrounded the ones with a bread bag. Incidentally, most students left their houses each day with their books and a bag of bread for the ducks.

But, sometimes it was hard to remember duck rules early every morning, therefore, on occasion a student would forget to bring the ducks food. Thus, it just so happened that one student's memory lapse provided a Daddy Duck with the opportunity to teach the rest of us a valuable lesson.








29 comments:

Sandee said...

Unless you have a gun then you have duck for dinner. Just saying.

What a cute story. I can see this happening quite easily. You just can't mess with ducks very much at all.

Have a terrific day. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Sandee! .... LOL


Great story, and I hope you get back on your feet. Hugs from Speedy :-)

Dawn Drover said...

A crazy computer, hackers and the flu! You've had a tough time of it :(

Your duck story was funny. I was chased by ducks a couple of weeks ago... I videotaped as I ran! My offense? I didn't bring any bread!!!

Luvs ya!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back - I was chased by a swan - big mean tempered old things they are!

Daisy said...

We have a whole family of ducks that sometimes go onto our patio. They poop all over everything! But I still like watching them.

A Lil Enchanted said...

I'm glad you're back Annie!.... very cute story :)

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Unknown said...

Annie, would you please get well and stay that way. We miss you terribly when you are gone. Very cute story, I enjoyed that. If anyone has ever been attacked by a duck or goose then you know how scary it can be. I would have laughed my butt off at that poor guy.

Bob Babinski said...

What a bright and colorful blog. Congrats!
Meantime, I invite you to the Good4sports blog, to nominate your top 5 sports books of all time. Good4sports is non-monetized, and is designed to foster exchanges on the good that can come from sports.
http://tiny.cc/JYl1u

Bob

Anonymous said...

I do hope you are well and just experiencing computer ills and not any other kind. {{Huggiez}}

Finding Pam said...

Hi Annie! It is great to see that you are back on your blog.

This is a cute story and I loved how you told it. I can just see that daddy duck chasing that man.

I hope that you are fine. I am up late because I can't sleep for my back is hurting.

Blessings,
Pam

Medica Corner said...

hehehe great story I enjoy it

GagayMD said...

hi!

i will be having a triple medical celebration. It is a mini medical blog thing game, not a contest, but a game - a posting game. In this regard, I am looking for bloggers who are willing to sponsor EC credits, 125x125 ad space or cash (thru paypal). Aside from these prizes, I, personally, will be giving medical freebies to the lucky winners and to the sponsors as well. Winners and sponsors who will receive my medical freebies will be chosen using Random.org.

I am looking forward to hear any from u!

gacias!!


gagay
gagay,MD

Russ said...

Hope you are feeling better Annie.It seems like everyone is sick.That man was lucky it was a duck after him and not a goose.

Sandee said...

Okay Annie...where are you? You had the flu and were sick, but that was a long time ago.

Dawn has left you messages that you've not responded to.

I hope all is well. Just a lot worried.

Big hugs and lotsa lovies. :)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Sandee said...

I hope you and yours have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Big hug and lotsa lovies Annie. :)

Jason said...

This is a great site you have here. I found it from a friend's site. I have a blog myself which attempts to bring inspiration and guidance to people all around the world. I was wondering if we could do a link exchange so we can spread some traffic around between each other.

Jason
TheWISDOMWALL.com

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Hi Annie, I am over here listening to music. ALL THE WAY over in Hollydale.

(( love that song ))

It is surely my song of the day too .....

BIG HUGS

ipod headphones said...

Chilli and chocolate or fish and chips or onion bhaji or crispy duck or builders breakfast or cajun squirrel?

Grampy said...

Annie I hope you are not ill.I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Las Vegas Overview said...

How much ya wanna bet that Lame Duck Big Daddy Bush pardons all the Enron thieves?

cornyman said...

Merry Christmas, Annie, to you and your loved ones,

hope everything is fine, no response since a long time and no drops in my inbox, too :(

Anonymous said...

Annie: Hope you are well and having a Merry Christmas

Critterttrail said...

Very cautinary tale. You'd better never mess with the Big Daddy Duck or you risk to turn into his breakfast. Congratulations for the nice blog and good stories!

Drycleaners said...

Maybe I will do the usual coffee and breakfast, and then do a picnic for lunch and feed the ducks at the lake while we are there. I also need to get her a card. One of those cards that say I love you and the kids..

JocuriArcade said...

I do hope you are well and just experiencing computer ills and not any other kind.

SleepBarn said...

hello,
that means that the daddy ducks breakfast must be special. just looking into your funny story. its nice.. :) hope i could be a good story writer for my kids or a story teller..

Thanks,
SleepBarn

hamster cage said...

This is an incredibly amazing sotry. Cant mess with them ducks. haha

Arlen said...

This cannot really work, I feel so.
funny license plates | Spanish websites | Parkville MD

Angels On Earth

Lost inside a state of mental and physical exhaustion, I prayed to meet an angel on earth, then, I felt the pillow of a horses mouth gently sweep grass from the palm of my hand. – Ann Clemmons

The Boogeyman From Planet-Lackawanna-

You will lose yourself in the imaginative dreams of eleven year old Theodore Wilson's. Don't miss this review coming soon.

More reviews and available for purchase on Amazon .com. Just click on image of book and the link will take you there.

Thank you!

Motherhood- Courage


Motherhood is an art impossible to explain, one which requires a vast sea of love, devotion, compassion, and understanding, unmatched by any affection we will ever know again.- Ann Clemmons

Courage-

Courage



Humor-

Humor


Words-

Words are the core of our souls, without written, vocal or lyrical expression we lose sight of one another or worse, ourselves. Words bring forth the essence of the human spirit; so express yourself without abandon.

Ann Clemmons

Favorite Phrase

I remember I used to half believe and wholly play with fairies when I was a child. What heaven can be more real than to retain the spirit-world of childhood, tempered and balanced by knowledge and common-sense...

Beatrix Potter’s Journal, 17 November 1896, from the National Trust collection.

Jacket Flap-

Powered by JacketFlap.com
The Storyteller, by Dawn Drover

Alone in her world
of make believe
weaving her stories
of magic and light

She brings joy
to the eyes
of innocent minds
less jaded and free

For only they know
what's in her heart
holding the secrets
she guards so well

Life's hidden mysteries
belong to those
whose wisdom and truth
shine on in imagination


Written for Ann
~Dawn Drover~

Of The Horoscope Junkie




Let"s talk!

Let"s talk!

Subscribe Today

Subscribe Today
Feed Powered by Feedburner

Catch your dreams

Catch your dreams

Imagine

Imagine
Most of the worlds' great things were born of adversity and hardship; because these roadblocks encourage us to dream, imagine and believe.- Ann Clemmons

Favorite quotes-

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.

Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”'


F. Scott Fitzgerald. (Lines from The Great Gatsby)
"A Southerner Talks Music"

Mark Twain

"A book must be the ax for the frozen sea inside us."

Franz Kafka

An author values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency.

- Mark Twain in Eruption

"I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself"

Mark Twain

Animal Rescue Site

The Animal Rescue Site

Friendship