3/21/17

Tuesday's/ Wednesday's Question: Have Your Ever Met Anyone Who...



Hey, welcome to Tuesday's Question. Most of you are familiar with Tuesday's Question, but if this is the first time you've seen it, it's simple. All you have to do is answer the question in comments.

If you are a blogger, I will post a link by to your blog, and if you do not have a website or blog, I will post your name beneath your comment.  Sound good?

Okay, today's question is: Have You Ever Met Anyone Who Didn't Like You And You Never Knew Why? 

Here's My Answer...


I have witnessed the cold shoulder plenty of times throughout my lifetime. The first time I was a little girl. I wasn't picked on, but for some reason the girls who were...I guess you could say the leader of the pack, who we now refer to as "the mean girls" thank-goodness, because the public is more aware of bullying now, than they were when I was in school.

What's weird is that I was sort of popular, well, among my own crowd. But there was this one girl that picked on me since I was in the second grade, as well as, High School. She wanted to be friends with me in High School because she wanted to be in my crowd.

Anyway, this girl started teasing me the first day of middle school, which was bad enough, but then the bus driver made her the "Bus monitor."a tactic used to keep the rest of us common people in line. In any event, from the first day I started Junior high school until the end of the year, when I got on the bus, she would say,

"Oh, miss Anna Belle, Miss Anna Belle, she thinks shes so pretty, look at her, you think you're pretty, don't you?" Then, she'd put her face real close to mine and say;

 " You think you're Miss America, don't you, but you're just a snob."

As you can tell, it wasn't a compliment, especially on the first day of Junior High School, when few people know you...but, finally the bus driver heard her and she lost her "Bus Monitor" job, much to my relief.

I haven't thought about that experience in years, if ever, but I have to say we became good friends later, although I haven't spoken to her in a long time.

There was another girl in elementary school that I became good friends later. She was having a bad day one day, so she told me to eat dirt or she said she would beat me up. I'm not sure which situation was worse, I guess the school bus rides.

Although, sometimes I still get the cold shoulder, when people do not know me, and I've never understood why?

This week, I went with a friend to see her husband in the hospital, and we ran into a mutual friend in one of those gray hospital garages- It seems hospital garages are that gray concrete color from "Sea to Shining Sea."

I think that hospitals should at least paint the garages, but, I guess they can't afford it. Anyway, our mutual friend was pushing this woman who can walk in a wheelchair. I met the lady in the wheelchair before and she was real nice, then the second time I met her, with my two friends, I tried to join the conversation, but she kept interrupting me, as if I were invisible.

In my mind, I make excuses for people when they're rude, because we don't always know what people are dealing with so I told myself she was stressed, and tried to smile and follow their nattering whispers, then like magic, I noticed I was a few feet away from my companions.

My friend rolled her friend in the wheelchair back in the hospital and just when I was beginning to think I was paranoid, by buddy said,

"She really doesn't like you does she?"

 I am still wondering why-

Okay, now it's your turn-

Note: I'm sorry for posting Tuesday's Question so late but, I believe it or not, I have been trying to publish this post since 1:00 pm. My computer needs to go back to the doctor, but I have a few things I have to do before I can bring it.

I guess I can today's title should be, Tuesday/ Wednesday's Question. Thank you for your patience and for visiting, A Nice Place In The Sun.   Have a great evening and day tomorrow! :)

I cannot wait to read your answers. :








Top drawings from GooglePlus.com
Bottom drawings from waitbutwhy.com





5 comments:

Sandee said...

I've a saying. It's none of my business what other people think of me. It's also none of their business what I think of them. Works for me. When people treat me like this, I just move on. I just don't care if you like me or not. There are people I don't like and I avoid them. There are people on line that I don't like and I just move on. I've no time to be surrounded by toxic folks that will suck the very life out of you.

Okay, I'm sure this wasn't the answer you wanted, but it's the way I handle folks that don't like me. I just don't care.

Have a fabulous day, honey. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Simon. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

Sandee is right - Someone doesn't like you? Okay, so what. I suppose there are instances where it might make a difference, like if a boss doesn't like you but still - social situations - nah. No one is universally likable after all. Do you ever think about why YOU don't like someone? And does it really matter? Yeah, it's always nice to be kind and sometimes the kindest thing is to just move on.

Ann Clemmons said...


Oh, no, https://comedyplus.blogspot.com/2017/03/feline-friday_24.html, this is the answer I wanted...I really do not care either. I was just writing examples of experiences. I mean, why wouldn't anyone not like Me? :)

But, honestly, I agree with you. Thank you for visiting, as always.

'Big Hugs'back to you and I will send Simon his scritches.

Ann Clemmons said...


Well, that link didn't work. I'll post it. :)

Ann Clemmons said...


Hey Grace, Yes, I agree with you and Sandee.

Personally, I think people do not like some people because they see a quality in that person that reminds them of a part of themselves they do not like.

I like this line, "Yeah, it's always nice to be kind and sometimes the kindest thing is to just move on."

Thanks for visiting and answering Tuesday's Question. Have a great day!

Today's Popular Children's Picture Books

Today's Popular Children's Picture Books
Click on the titles below for the link to Publishers Weekly.com

Upcoming Book Review

Upcoming Book Review
My First Book Of Hockey!

Motherhood- Courage


Motherhood is an art impossible to explain, one which requires a vast sea of love, devotion, compassion, and understanding, unmatched by any affection we will ever know again.- Ann Clemmons

Courage-

Courage



Humor-

Humor


Words-

Words are the core of our souls, without written, vocal or lyrical expression we lose sight of one another or worse, ourselves. Words bring forth the essence of the human spirit; so express yourself without abandon.

Ann Clemmons

Written Phrase

Why is it that those we should know or believe turn out to be the ones we least understand? I suppose the world is an illusion until we find our way home.-Ann Clemmons

Favorite Phrase

I remember I used to half believe and wholly play with fairies when I was a child. What heaven can be more real than to retain the spirit-world of childhood, tempered and balanced by knowledge and common-sense...

Beatrix Potter’s Journal, 17 November 1896, from the National Trust collection.

Jacket Flap-

Powered by JacketFlap.com
The Storyteller, by Dawn Drover

Alone in her world
of make believe
weaving her stories
of magic and light

She brings joy
to the eyes
of innocent minds
less jaded and free

For only they know
what's in her heart
holding the secrets
she guards so well

Life's hidden mysteries
belong to those
whose wisdom and truth
shine on in imagination


Written for Ann
~Dawn Drover~

Of The Horoscope Junkie




Let"s talk!

Let"s talk!

Subscribe Today

Subscribe Today
Feed Powered by Feedburner

Catch your dreams

Catch your dreams

Imagine

Imagine
Most of the worlds' great things were born of adversity and hardship; because these roadblocks encourage us to dream, imagine and believe.- Ann Clemmons

Favorite quotes-

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.

Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”'


F. Scott Fitzgerald. (Lines from The Great Gatsby)
"A Southerner Talks Music"

Mark Twain

"A book must be the ax for the frozen sea inside us."

Franz Kafka

An author values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency.

- Mark Twain in Eruption

"I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself"

Mark Twain

Animal Rescue Site

The Animal Rescue Site

Friendship