8/29/07

An Impulse Writer Gets The Blogging Star Award!


I've been awarded the Blogging Star Award from my wonderful friend Sandee at Comedy Plus! Sandee received the award from Sanni at Coffee2Go who was awarded the honor by the creator herself, Barb from over at SkittlesPlace.

After reading Sandee's post I followed the star to Coffee2Go, and then to Skittles Place. In order to give the creator credit, but also so she can follow the stars herself. Here is an excerpt and link to her first post:

"I've made up my own award called
Blogging Star!"
This award is for bloggers who shine their light throughout the Blogoshere. Some do it with humor, others with creativity, and others with their kind and thoughtful natures. We all know more than a few of them so why not give them some recognition?

Sandee at Comedy Plus is one of the first recipients of this award, which is for the bloggers "who shine their light throughout the blogoshere" as Barb so creatively put it.

When I first saw the image of the Blogging Star award, I naturally thought celebrity.

Probably because the word "star" has become synonymous with celebrity, even if it doesn't have anything to do with being a celebrity.

Celebrities are not stars, they are celebrities, and not even close to those miraculous beings of light that grow, live, inspire, teach, shine, and die in much the same way as the humans we give the same name. I 'm honored Sandee thought of me when giving out her awards, and I thought of her too, since her star does shine so brightly. As do the rest of the bloggers I have posted along with my acceptance speech today.

It’s truly amazing how close we feel to the friends we communicate with through posts, comments, and e-mails. Which brings me to something I’ve wanted to say since the beginning of this post. I was so excited about getting this award, I left a silly remark in Sandee's comments. I noticed it later when I read the words back to myself, and it just didn’t sound like me.

By the way thank goodness, I’m running the show here, since the music would be playing if I were at the academy awards!

Anyway, when I accepted this award from Sandee, I put something dumb like "Thank you, Sandee, I can't wait to give this award to all my "celebrity" friends”. Then, I realized that this wonderful award meant something so much more meaningful.

It's hard for me to leave a comment, because I’m a self- diagnosed impulse writer! I'm in my own recovery program and most of the time have a handle on things, but yesterday I was tired and not working my program.

Impulse writing is a name I made up for writing quick notes, like the notes my mother used to write and post all over the house. It’s sort of like emotional writing or really quick letter writing. The quick scribble in a fury people write when they’re angry, or in a hurry, or on their way out the door. However, with me it usually means getting too deep or emotional in letters, or in quick notes of inspiration, such as cards intended for family members. However as you can see, it is also happening now since I've been blogging. I think this is because I 'm beginning to care about my blogging friends, so I impulsively write something quickly, since I'm feeling rather than thinking.

After you’ve written something on paper or in cyber space, it could be forever, so one does have to be careful. I was so excited that Sandee gave me this award, I impulsively said something that (now for sure) everyone will read as long as… well, forever!

Impulse writing is a lot like impulse shopping (which I cannot stand either) since you don’t think about what you’re writing until after it’s written, and then you see you’ve made a mistake. It’s a given, that’s why the stores love impulse buyers, and the web loves impulse writers! Impulse writing creates readers, just as if impulse shopping creates shoppers, just as this post is more of the same thing…..oh…. .

Well, time for a meeting!

Impulse writing especially on the internet, is not very smart, for one thing, you aren't required to write a complete thought...well for that matter …you do not even have to write a complete sentence!

It is scary to think what it must be like for writers who have trouble staying on topic when writing a post. I mean can you imagine if I had a problem staying on topic, how much worse it would be…

In addition, I’m sorry…oh….well here are the blogs that are my stars in the blogosphere!

Starting with the most recent since they could use some link love,

Totally Fabulous
Blog Elf
Fruit Species
Blue Ribbon Bloggers
Santa' Community Blog
What was God Thinking

Christys Coffeebreak
Bobbarama.com
Writer's Reviews
Comedy Plus
Positive Communication Blog
Eat Your Maths
It's a Whimsical World
NoDirectOn(not:NoDirection)
Twisted Sister
Kissing The Dogwood
Monday Morning Power
She Walks In Beauty
Nonense, fun,tears,happiness,anger,all rolled into one!

First Time Dad
Thanks to you all, have a happy day, and remember to eat your vegetables! :)

26 comments:

Colin said...

Nice blog and some interesting thoughts and ideas....I got here through links on Winstons EatYourMaths blog, and it's always nice to see who is mingling in the blogosphere.

Have a great day :)

Blog Author Ann Clemmons said...

Thank you Colin. Yeah, I really like Winston and I'm glad to see he has such nice readers.
Thank you for stopping by A Nice Place In The Sun, and you have a great day too!

Ann

Ellen said...

Hi Ann,

THANKS! How sweet of you to think of me! A Blogging Star, wow.. Wow..

It's really inspiring to see you try and succeed at writing different styles, really love what you did with this one (and uhhmm recognise impulse writing just a tidy bit ;-))..

I have experienced that for me indeed at some moments of being too tired or emotional it's better not to blog or comment. Especially when writing in a different language, its difficult enough to get your true thoughts and feelings across!

This post worked out very well however, how beautiful you illustrate your point;-)) LOL!!

Santa Claus said...

Ho! Ho! Ho! Ann

I want to thankyou very much for thinking of me for this award. I know I say it over and over but I'm having to learn to receive. It's so much easier to give ☺

The very fact that someone gives you something like this is validation that what you are doing is achieving something and that too is very rewarding.

Thankyou Ann

Santa ô¿ô

Jos said...

Ann, this is lovely! I got a star from Sandee, now I am getting it from you as well!! My Stars giving me a star...

Remember when yesterday Sandee said to you: "I do not have a lucky family, I am lucky to have this family"?
Well, I am lucky to have such friends like you and her.

And of course, as I got one from Sandee, I had already in my mind given one to you myself, too. So in an hour from now I will do a post, thankfully accepting my stars from you and from Sandee, and give out some stars myself in turn. One of them will come twinkle over "A Nice Place In The Stars" (formerly known as "A Nice Place In The Sun"), another will return its' magic stardust spreading flight, and go and shine on to "Comedy*", formerly known as "Comedy+".
You guys Rock!

Now, to add to my lucky starry starry day, did you see that our dear & lovely Mr. Fong awarded me with the "Rockin' GIRL Blogger Award"?? I hope he's kiddin' me... I hope..
I am R o t F, L o L, again...!!!

Thanks buddy, for thinking and linking of me.

(with all these stars, Technorati will probably go 'borking' again today..)

btw: Sandee is crossing the Big Border, she will probably make it to the Technorati Top10K today!! (ors maybe even already made it)

~Jos:)))

Christy said...

Thank you so much Ann, this will be my next post! I appreciate it, what a cool award. :)

mr fong said...

Wow, what an award. I realize you always bless me with such awards. I was laughing so much about you and your impulses.. I remember dropping such comments when you gave me my Maiden/Virgin (oops) award, and when Jos did a review on my blog..Haha, it reminds me of myself, just that you managed to express all those little brainwaves in my mind, so good on you!

I am thankful you are such a star, and yet still bother with little blogs like mine. I am thankful, and take care, Ann :)

mr fong said...

Wow, what an award. I realize you always bless me with such awards. I was laughing so much about you and your impulses.. I remember dropping such comments when you gave me my Maiden/Virgin (oops) award, and when Jos did a review on my blog..Haha, it reminds me of myself, just that you managed to express all those little brainwaves in my mind, so good on you!

I am thankful you are such a star, and yet still bother with little blogs like mine. I am thankful, and take care, Ann :)

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

You write so very well. This post is an outstanding example of why I come here everyday. You are so gifted. You so deserve this award. Have a great day Ann. :)

Blog Author Ann Clemmons said...

Jos, LOL! I didn't see where Winston gave you the 'rockin girl blogger award, but welcome aboard he gave me one too! We don't mind having you as one of the girls jos! Congrats on award and thank you for the comment-

Ann

Have a great day!

Blog Author Ann Clemmons said...

Christy, It is a cool award, isn't it? Leave it to Sandee to send it my way! And of course, I had to send it your way, then back to her, you get the picture. LOL! Us girls have to take care of one another! ;)

You deserve this award Christy, congrats!

Ann

Blog Author Ann Clemmons said...

Sandee, You are one of my very best blogging friends and definitely a rising star! When I first started blogging, Comedy Plus was one of the first blogs I read. I thought what a talented blogger I've found here!

I can't imagine Comedy Plus (and you)not here blogging everyday. You are important to me, and I look forward to being your friend for a long time! Thank you for thinking of me for this award and giving me a compliment I will not forget. :)

Thanks for stopping by-

Ann

Blog Author Ann Clemmons said...

Ellen, You will see many writing styles from me! lol! I'm glad you like what I 've done this time. I can only imagine how difficult it is writing in a different language, and I admire you tenacity. Keep it up your a star blogger! Congrats!

Ann

Blog Author Ann Clemmons said...

Santa Claus! You came to comment! Thank you Santa and what you are doing is achieving something. Kindness is never wasted. You are definitely a star blogger! Congrats!

Ann

Blog Author Ann Clemmons said...

Winston, Remember that big blogs come in small packages! You a star blogger and don't you forget it! :)

Congrats!

Ann

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

You have a new award if you care to have it. It's the You Make Me Smile award... :)

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

It goes double for me Ann. You make my day too. :)

Whimsy Gal said...

what a wonderful surprise to get when i FINALLY was able to get back on my computer!! moving is such an EXPERIENCE, let me tell ya - i may never do it again!!

Blog Author Ann Clemmons said...

Sandee I saw that you gave me the smile award and I just love it! You are great-

Ann

And it's triple for me! :)

Blog Author Ann Clemmons said...

Whimsy gal, I also gave you the 'I love your blog' badge, because I do. Congrats and I'm glad that moving is day is over! I'll stop by, 'It's a Whimsical World' and see if you get this message. Have a nice evening and congrats again!

Ann

bobbarama said...

Congratulations on your Blogging Star Award. I'm so happy for you. I've said it before, I'll say it again ... you rock. I liked that you took the time to trace the Star back to its creator.

A 'self-diagnosed impulse writer.' Made me laugh. (smile) You just keep on keepin' on, because you do it well.

:)

Oh, hey, thanks for shining the star my way. Super nice of you.

Blog Author Ann Clemmons said...

Thank you Bobbarama! I'm glad I made you laugh! I owed you one! Thank you for stopping by-

You rock too! :)

Ann

P.S. And congrats!

Diamondssaphire said...

Thanks Ann, I feel so honored..as always your one of the best!! I post about this, this weekend

Blog Author Ann Clemmons said...

Diamondssaphire, You're one of the too, my friend! Congrats!

Ann

insanity-suits-me (Dawn) said...

Thanks Ann! I've been away all day and when I got home I found out "I'm a Star!" woohoo!
You are the best!

Blog Author Ann Clemmons said...

You are Welcome Dawn, you deserve it!

Have a great week-end! :)

Ann

P.S. I might as well tell you in case you come back to read this. You have another badge on the way. I can't help it! It's really Sandee from Comedy Plus fault! :0

Today's Popular Children's Picture Books

Today's Popular Children's Picture Books
Click on the titles below for the link to Publishers Weekly.com

Upcoming Book Reviews with a guest post from the author, Charles Ghigna

Upcoming Book Reviews with a guest post from the author,  Charles Ghigna
My First Book Of Hockey!

Strange, Unusual, Gross, & Cool Animals

Strange, Unusual, Gross, & Cool Animals
By Charles Ghigna

Motherhood- Courage


Motherhood is an art impossible to explain, one which requires a vast sea of love, devotion, compassion, and understanding, unmatched by any affection we will ever know again.- Ann Clemmons

Courage-

Courage



Humor-

Humor


Words-

Words are the core of our souls, without written, vocal or lyrical expression we lose sight of one another or worse, ourselves. Words bring forth the essence of the human spirit; so express yourself without abandon.

Ann Clemmons

Written Phrase

Why is it that those we should know or believe turn out to be the ones we least understand? I suppose the world is an illusion until we find our way home.-Ann Clemmons

Favorite Phrase

I remember I used to half believe and wholly play with fairies when I was a child. What heaven can be more real than to retain the spirit-world of childhood, tempered and balanced by knowledge and common-sense...

Beatrix Potter’s Journal, 17 November 1896, from the National Trust collection.

Jacket Flap-

Powered by JacketFlap.com
The Storyteller, by Dawn Drover

Alone in her world
of make believe
weaving her stories
of magic and light

She brings joy
to the eyes
of innocent minds
less jaded and free

For only they know
what's in her heart
holding the secrets
she guards so well

Life's hidden mysteries
belong to those
whose wisdom and truth
shine on in imagination


Written for Ann
~Dawn Drover~

Of The Horoscope Junkie




Let"s talk!

Let"s talk!

Subscribe Today

Subscribe Today
Feed Powered by Feedburner

Catch your dreams

Catch your dreams

Imagine

Imagine
Most of the worlds' great things were born of adversity and hardship; because these roadblocks encourage us to dream, imagine and believe.- Ann Clemmons

Favorite quotes-

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.

Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”'


F. Scott Fitzgerald. (Lines from The Great Gatsby)
"A Southerner Talks Music"

Mark Twain

"A book must be the ax for the frozen sea inside us."

Franz Kafka

An author values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency.

- Mark Twain in Eruption

"I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself"

Mark Twain

Animal Rescue Site

The Animal Rescue Site

Friendship